[chef] Re: Invidious choices 101: Chef (<= 0.10) vs Vagrant

  • From: Tim Diggins < >
  • To:
  • Cc: Hedge Hog < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Invidious choices 101: Chef (<= 0.10) vs Vagrant
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 21:43:53 +0100

What do you mean by "using vagrant and chef in the same project". I'm using chef as a provisioner (primarily as a means to test my chef recipes/roles in a speedy environment (switching vagrant between a chef-solo (for speed) and chef server model (to the platform, for testing more advanced configs). But I don't think that's what you meant. (I notice that vagrant during a "vagrant provision" run seems to use an earlier version of chef than the  latest one I have installed - is gem dependency management that clever?)

Tim