[chef] Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Segmentation fault in gecode

  • From: Mark Anderson < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Segmentation fault in gecode
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 15:05:13 -0700

Sorry about the somewhat terse instructions. I knew it might be a pain to make the change at the c code level, but I wanted to give you what I could while I added a debug flag at the ruby layer. I've done so and uploaded version 0.0.8 of the gem.

If you install the new gem, and and change the variable DebugLogsOn to true, you will quite verbose debug information, and I should be able to recreate the inputs (and hopefully the bug) from that.

Use
% gem which dep_selector
to find the path of the gem. On my mac, I get
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/dep_selector-0.0.8/lib/dep_selector.rb

Edit the file <Insert your path here>/dep_selector-0.0.8/lib/dep_selector/gecode_wrapper.rb
On line 29, change the assignment of DebugLogsOn to true

Restart your server and run the test case.

I'd love it if you could send me the logs of the failure, starting at the text "Creating VersionProblem with args" and ending with the crash.

Thanks!