[chef] Re: Re: Re: Best practices for multiple data centers

  • From: John Alberts < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Best practices for multiple data centers
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 14:13:41 -0500

Actually, one thing I think I will do to reduce the bandwidth and therefore reduct chef-client execution time is use rsync to sync a directory of tarballs that I use in various recipes.  I already have a role for each data center and I can put an attribute in each data center role pointing the the local rsync mirror.

Couch replication sounds interesting, but I wonder how well that would work.  Has anyone tried something like that?

-
John