[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How do I test an attribute value in an

  • From: Sascha Bates < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How do I test an attribute value in an
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 07:42:05 -0500

https://gist.github.com/1048781

We have 3 data centers and have configured all of our services for each.  I've posted a recipe set with a template, recipe and data bag.  I've made an ntp data bag with three items, one for each data center.  The recipe searches the data bags using a node attribute called location (which we set with an ohai plugin but which also can be set with a role, etc).  The recipe populates the host file with the ntp servers using a host resource and then the template.