[chef] Re: knife node & search information not being updated

  • From: Kevin Nuckolls < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: knife node & search information not being updated
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:18:01 -0500

I misspoke. The knife node list shows:

knife node list -VVV
DEBUG: Using configuration from /path/to/knife.rb
DEBUG: Signing the request as kevin
DEBUG: Sending HTTP Request via GET to chef-server.my.domain:4000/nodes
<BLANK LINE>

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 2:14 PM, Kevin Nuckolls < "> > wrote:
I got chef-server set up and a repository with a proper knife.rb file containing correct ec2 keys. I can communicate with the chef-server via knife. For example, the following works:

$ knife client list
  chef-validator
  chef-webui
  kevin
  ubuntu

I fired up a node with knife ec2 server create. It ran the run-list and I can log in and it works properly. The problem is that the knife node list does not seem to be updated.

$ knife node list -VVV
<ONE BLANK LINE>
$

Additionally, it does not appear that the node's information has been indexed in search:

$ knife search node "ec2:[* TO *]" -r
0 items found

Any ideas?