[chef] How to monitor if chef-client is actually working

  • From: Robert Keng < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] How to monitor if chef-client is actually working
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 23:24:40 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to monitor chef-client to make sure it isn't stuck in retries because of some error in some recipe? Does the client actually reply back to the chef-server if its able to apply all recipes and things are happy?

I apologize if this is a really simple question, fairly new to chef...Just I'd rather not have to parse /var/log/chef/client.log for this, thanks!

-Robert