[chef] Re: Re: Ruby search path?

  • From: "Mark J. Reed" < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Ruby search path?
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 08:37:33 -0400

What exactly are you looking for?  The search path for Ruby's "require" directive is contained in the $: global variable (which holds an Array of Strings, each representing a directory in the file system).

That doesn't include RubyGems, though, even if rubygems has been loaded.  For that, you can use the Gem.path method, which returns an array like $:. From the shell, you can run the command 'gem environment' and look at the GEM_PATHS.  You can also use the shell command 'gem which gemname' to find the path to a particular installed gem.