[chef] Running Ohai and including custom plugins

  • From: John Alberts < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Running Ohai and including custom plugins
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 11:13:08 -0500

I'm using the Ohai cookbook which I have saving my custom Ohai plugins to /etc/chef/ohai_plugins.  This works great and the path is found when Chef runs and uses Ohai to get info; however, when I get on a server and run ohai directly, it doesn't use my custom plugins.  I've tried using the -f option to pass the path to my plugin, but then it only uses my plugin and not the defaults.  The -d option doesn't seem to do anything, or maybe I'm not using it right.
Is there any way for me to tell Ohai to also load my custom plugins when I run ohai from the command line?

Thanks

--
John Alberts

  • [chef] Running Ohai and including custom plugins, John Alberts, 07/11/2011