[chef] Creating a delayed action from a ruby_block

  • From: Charles Duffy < >
  • To: chef-users < >
  • Subject: [chef] Creating a delayed action from a ruby_block
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 12:47:58 -0500

Howdy, all --

I have a ruby_block in which I do some comparison of file mtimes at execution time, and -- depending on the result -- may or may not wish to trigger a delayed action.

Thing is... what's the syntax to do so? This is in Chef 0.10, and the targeted resource hasn't been declared yet at the time (so the old-style references, as I understand it, aren't yet available).

Thanks!