[chef] Re: Re: node reboot in a chef recipe

  • From: Jacobo García < >
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: node reboot in a chef recipe
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 20:09:13 +0200

Nothing special needed,

I have the belief that a server reboot in between a chef-run could be harmful. I will delay the reboot at the end of the chef run at least.

Thanks for your help.

Jacobo García López de Araujo

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 7:25 PM, John E. Vincent (lusis) <lusis.org+ "> > wrote:
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Jacobo García < "> > wrote:
> Hello,
> I am looking for strategies on node rebooting within a recipe.
> I am aware of dreamcat4's restart cookbook, but I don't want to patch chef
> in order to make it work.

Brian had it pretty much covered. Nothing "special" is required.

If you need a bit more "coordinated" reboot, the Webster-Clay guys
created something called "dominodes" that uses a data bag as a mutex
for coordination:

https://github.com/websterclay/chef-dominodes