[chef] Re: Re: Chef Solr/search issue

  • From: Madhurranjan Mohaan < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Chef Solr/search issue
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 17:11:19 +0530

Hello Matthew,

That worked! Thanks!! We had 54k+ with the 'awk' script. Bumped up the value of maxFieldLength to 100000 . Question - What should be the optimal setting ? As we add new nodes and this number shoots up , should we periodically bump up this value in solrconfig.xml as well ?

Thanks
Madhurranjan

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 3:18 AM, Matthew Kent < "> > wrote:
> However,ever since , our "chef search" is behaving abnormally . We have done a
> knife index rebuild  a few times and the results on command line show that they
> are successful but knife search doesn't show this.

Shot in the dark but take a look at
http://tickets.opscode.com/browse/CHEF-2346 tripped me up today.

If that fixes it please leave feedback on the ticket.

--
Matthew Kent | http://magoazul.com