[chef] Re: Handling ec2 terminated hosts

  • From: Alex Soto < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Handling ec2 terminated hosts
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 22:22:38 -0700

Basically that's what I do.  Here's my version.  Would love to know if anyone has any improvements:

On Sep 4, 2011, at 9:33 PM, Haim Ashkenazi wrote:

Hi

I was wondering if there are best practices for handling terminated instances on ec2. When an instance dies unexpectedly it's still registered with chef server. Currently I'm running a script that lists all registered instances and all running ec2 instances and compares them. Although it's working, I was wondering if there are better ways to handle this.

Thanks in advance
--
Haim