[chef] Re: Re: Upgrade from 0.9.x -> 0.10.4: search '*:*' finds all hosts, search ''name:*" gets 0 results

  • From: Charles Duffy < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Upgrade from 0.9.x -> 0.10.4: search '*:*' finds all hosts, search ''name:*" gets 0 results
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 09:52:44 -0500

I did a clean install of Chef 0.10.4 on a brand new system as opposed to upgrading, with a dump and restore of the CouchDB instance, and the issue went away. I thus doubt it was CHEF-2346, as I understand it to be a deterministic issue -- should have happened after the clean install just as much as it happened after the upgrade.

I haven't deprovisioned the old node yet (but have it running under a different name and IP); if anyone is interested in investigating, please contact me within the next day or two; otherwise, I'm liable to toss it out.