[chef] Re: Postgres 9 Cookbook

  • From: Joe Williams < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Postgres 9 Cookbook
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 16:09:22 -0700

Kevin,

I don't have a cookbook I can share but I have been working on getting Postgres 9.1 working in my environment and found the following really helpful:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Streaming_Replication

Beyond what is in that doc you just need to set synchronous_standby_names to the application_name in the recovery.conf if you want synchronous replication.

I think that's about it. It's not the same as a recipe but I hope this helps.

-Joe

--
Name: Joseph A. Williams
Email: