[chef] Re: Knifing multiple different chef servers

  • From: Bryan Brandau < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Knifing multiple different chef servers
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 08:18:24 -0500

In my Knife file I'm just using a simple if block like so:

environment = "Prod"
#environment = "Stage"
#environment = "Dev"

if environment ==" Prod"
<stuff here>
elseif environment == "Stage"
<stuff here>
elseif environment == "Dev"
<stuff here>
end

All I do is change the comment to the environment/application that I want.  It's worked well and simple.