[chef] Layout of deploy_revision

  • From: Malcolm Box < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Layout of deploy_revision
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 12:34:16 +0100

Hi,

I'm confused about the directory structure that should be created by a deploy_revision.

After perusing the Capistrano docs, I expected:

/my_app/releases/<revision>
/my_app/current - symlink to /my_app/releases/<revision>

instead I'm seeing

/my_app/releases/<revision>
/my_app/current/<revision> - symlink to the matching revision under releases
/my_app/current/current - symlink to the latest revision under releases

This seems odd - but from the docs I can't figure out if that's what I should be expecting.

Any pointers to how this should work?

Malcolm