[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Managing Node Info

  • From: Aaron Abramson < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Managing Node Info
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 15:25:49 -0500

How would one go about setting environment attributes for prod/qa/dev if each 'environment' is simply checked out into a separate  vhost on the same node?

We're deploying a PHP app, and we have admin.domain.com, beta.domain.com and dev.domain.com for our different environments, but they're all just vhosts with different docroots on the same node.

Right now I have 3 recipes, one for each environment, but I'd like to get to 1 recipe with 3 sets of attributes.