[chef] Re: Re: user id conflicts with user cookbook

  • From: John Alberts < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: user id conflicts with user cookbook
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 19:46:05 -0500

Yeah, I know, but unfortunately, not manually adding users is not an option.  We are only partially automated and that's not going to change for a while.   I've already tried using a high uid and it doesn't matter.  Whatever I change it to, the next time a user is created using useradd, it just picks up where chef left off.