[chef] Choosing at run time which cookbooks and recipes to use?

  • From: Maven User < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] Choosing at run time which cookbooks and recipes to use?
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:47:52 -0400

Is there a way that when a chef-client run starts, you can tell it to only run a subset of the configured recipes?

For instance, we have several of our deployable units deployed to a particular server.  Only one of them has changed and in order to save time, I'd like to only run that particular one (some of the "do I have this installed" testing is kinda slow).

Is there any easy way to do that?