[chef] Re: Windows documentation is broken

  • From: Jessica Bourne < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Windows documentation is broken
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 17:04:45 -0700

Hi Maven,

Thank you for catching that and letting us know!

We wrote the directions assuming users were following our new documentation on installing Chef Server, which will obviously not always be the case. We added a note to these directions as well as the ones for Linux and Mac with an explanation on how to create the admin user. The webui is also an admin user, so you can feel free to use that if you'd prefer. Please let us know if you run into any issues with the directions now that they've been updated.

Thanks,
Jessica