[chef] Velocity EU

  • From: Anthony Goddard < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Velocity EU
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 08:36:08 -0500

I was lucky enough to head over to Berlin last week for Velocity EU where there was a long discussion about using yum / rpms for configuration management, deployment, the whole cycle. Aside an informal chat with the Etsy guys about some new chef features we're both interested in, I didn't hear anything else in the way of config. management. This was my first Velocity (awesome by the way!) so I might have had the wrong expectations but I'm left wondering whether a) are a lot of people using chef in web ops in Europe, b) are there just no new 'cool' WebOps specific CF tricks these days (answer - no ;) or c) everyone's got it all down pat they'd rather talk about more WebOps specific stuff.

I feel like the answer should be c - but then there was a session about using yum for the whole cycle, so I'm not so sure..

I also wore the #opscode t-shirt, hoping it would attract some like minded folk, but that seemed to fail :)

Cheers,
Ant

---
Anthony Goddard