[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: where is the better place for this code?

  • From: Matthew Moretti < >
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: where is the better place for this code?
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 15:10:51 -0500

I think what you want to look into is locking preferences. That strategy looks like it has the advantage of not touching the individual users' config files; you create two new files in the Firefox installation directory instead (these could be templates or cookbook_files):
  • <Firefox directory>/defaults/pref/local-settings.js
  • <Firefox directory>/mozilla.cfg
I just tried the setting out on my Mac, and it worked - I could make it so users were not allowed to change their homepage.  It seems like your mileage may vary depending on your platform; I don't have a Linux desktop to test it on at the moment.

-Matt Moretti