[chef] Re: Re: Creating and updating nodes "from file", any potential issues?

  • From: Bryan Berry < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Creating and updating nodes "from file", any potential issues?
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 09:40:15 +0100

btm, good points, I will have to think about this

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Bryan McLellan < "> > wrote:

On Nov 25, 2011 1:04 AM, "Bryan Berry" < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
> Are there any potential issues with this approach that we should be aware of?

It sounds like you want to treat nodes as being individually special, which best practice usually discourages. At Opscode we have runbook instructions on how to create each type of server and treat the existing ones as disposable resources.

I would check that you aren't overloading node attributes which would increase the difficulty to duplicate that node and build arcane knowledge into an existing nodes configuration.

Bryan