[chef] Re: Re: Re: Cookbook Releases, summit edition

  • From: Jay Feldblum < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Cookbook Releases, summit edition
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 16:04:14 -0500

Tim,

If you're looking for a dependency resolver/fetcher for cookbooks, check out https://github.com/applicationsonline/librarian.

You can declare the cookbooks you need in your Cheffile, including any version constraints you require and any non-Opscode (e.g. GitHub) sources, and Librarian will resolve and fetch those cookbooks as well as any other cookbooks you need.

Let me know if it matches what you're looking for.

Cheers,
Jay

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Tim Uckun < "> > wrote:
> Having said that [yes another qualification], apart from the first
> point, I'm quite open to suggestions about how to proceed.

I don't know anything about chef yet so this may be a bit naive but
would it be possible to deliver chef cookbooks as gems?   That way you
can have a bundler gemfile which lists all your cookbooks.

If this is a silly suggestion please excuse my ignorance.