[chef] how to log-in to chef-server and create role normally?

  • From: Ilya < >
  • To: < >
  • Subject: [chef] how to log-in to chef-server and create role normally?
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 13:47:53 +0400

Hello!

We are faced with a third party application authorization (written in Rails) to chef-server. In particular: it is necessary to establish the role of our application. According to the documentation we create a POST query of the form:

{
     "name": "123",
     "chef_type": "role",
     "json_class": "Chef:: Role"
}

But the server does not transmit the request, because we are not authorized on it. We're trying to login (so in the documentation) on the server as:

chef_server_url = "http://10.1.6.106:4000"
     client_name = "desktop"
     signing_ket_filename = "/ etc / chef / client.pem"
     rest = Chef:: REST.new (chef_server_url, client_name, signing_ket_filename)
     puts rest.get_rest ("/ clients")

And we have nothing. Somehow we have to create a header that will contain the signature, but it is unclear how to do it.
Question: how to log-in to chef-server and create role normally?

--
Best Regards,
Ilya