[chef] Re: Silent installer for windows chef client

  • From: Madhurranjan Mohaan < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Silent installer for windows chef client
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 18:59:57 +0530

Apologies : the following works :

msiexec /qb /i chef-client-0.10.4-6.msi

Problem though is that there is an issue with the Path environment variable. The environment variable "PATH" is appended with the c:\opscode\bin and c:\opscode\embedded\bin but for it to reflect on a new command prompt, I have to go to My computer, -> Environment variables -> open the path Variable -> click OK and then close which is weird and then running "knife" just works fine. WIthout doing that , it doesn't seem to work .
thanks
Ranjan