[chef] Bash script block troubleshooting

  • From: Michael Glenney < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Bash script block troubleshooting
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 17:10:24 -0700

When chef runs a bash block it creates a "script" in the /tmp folder and then runs it.  It deletes this file when it's done.  Is there any way to tell chef to leave it there.  I have a bash block that's failing.  It runs fine when I run it but comes back with a return code of "2" when chef runs it and it causes everything to bomb out.  I'd like to look at what it's running so I can a) make sure my variables are being populated properly and b) run it, see the output and troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Mike G.