- From: Miquel Torres <
- Subject: [chef] Re: remove a chef-client
- Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 21:12:26 +0100
yeah, we have the same problem. It is dependent on you packaging
system though. In Debian you need to:
* stop the chef-client service
* remove the chef logrotate entry (that restarts it weekly)
* Remove from run level so that it doesn't get started after a reboot
We have a recipe with the name kill_chef_client that does all that.
But it is not enough because every time the Chef package is upgraded
all that will come back!
2011/12/27 Kelly Goedert
> how can I remove the chef-client installation from a node? It seems to
> restart by itself... I would to remove and make a clean reinstall
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.