[chef] How to deploy using Git repo that has multiple projects inside folders in a single repo?

  • From: Sachin Sagar Rai < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] How to deploy using Git repo that has multiple projects inside folders in a single repo?
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 12:52:09 +0545

Hi chef fellas!
I've a private repo at github and it has multiple projects in that single repo.
e.g

    /shared/microlabs (root of the git repo mirrored using git from github)

Following are the 2 projects inside the `microlabs1-subdir`

    /shared/microlabs/microlabs1-subdir/drupal
    /shared/microlabs/microlabs1-subdir/radiant

I got to install those 2 projects and I'm trying to follow the opscode's standard `application` and `database` recipes.

Following is the snippet default of the `php` application recipe.

    deploy_revision app['id'] do
      revision app['revision'][node.chef_environment]
      repository app['repository']
      user app['owner']
      group app['group']
      deploy_to app['deploy_to']
      action app['force'][node.chef_environment] ? :force_deploy : :deploy
      ssh_wrapper "#{app['deploy_to']}/deploy-ssh-wrapper" if app['deploy_key']
      shallow_clone true
      purge_before_symlink([])
      create_dirs_before_symlink([])
      symlinks({})
      symlink_before_migrate({
        local_settings_file_name => local_settings_full_path
      })
    end

By default, it will assume the checked-out repo dir as the source. And in my case, its below 2 dirs from the root of the git repo.

But I couldn't find any params that configures/tells to use the inner folder of the root repo?

How to deal with this?

@millisami
~ Sachin Sagar Rai
Ruby on Rails Developer