[chef] Re: Re: Re: yum_package provider does not honor 'options "--disablerepo"' when searching available provides?

  • From: "Eric G. Wolfe" < >
  • To:
  • Cc: Brad Knowles < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: yum_package provider does not honor 'options "--disablerepo"' when searching available provides?
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 18:11:51 -0500

I had gone with yum priorities previously, but so far as I can tell the
yumrepo cookbook doesn't give you a way to implement that sort of thing.  It
may be time to ditch the yumrepo cookbook and simply put everything into the
main yum cookbook that we had been doing through yumrepo.

I guess I need to take a closer look at the yum cookbook.

The yumrepo cookbook is simply a collection of recipes which enable common repos by utilizing the yum_repository LWRP in the upstream yum cookbook. I don't personally use yum priorities, or else I would submit that feature upstream to be incorporated into yum::yum (manages the yum.conf to enable the priorities plugin) and yum_repository (LWRP which manages the repos).

If that feature were available in the yum cookbook, you could then easily modify the yumrepo cookbook locally to utilize priorities.