[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Troubleshooting report/error handlers not appearing to send reports?

  • From: Peter Norton < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Troubleshooting report/error handlers not appearing to send reports?
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 11:29:42 -0500

OK, I see the error that I made.  The search returns the node, and the node is dereferenced via loghost['fqdn'] as you saw.  It will send to the local host, I think, because that probably evaluates to 0 if you pass in a string.  I'm passing in a safeguard value of loghost={'fqdn' => 'loghost.mycompany.com'} now to see if that works better.

Let me try logging from a remote host now ;)

-Peter