[chef] Re: Moving from svn to git?

  • From: Peter Donald < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Moving from svn to git?
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 08:55:57 +1100

Hi,

We haven't worked out a good process yet for tagging and managing promotion of cookbooks and configuration through environments so I would be interested in hearing about that from anyone who has a good story.

However we have been very happy with using braid ( https://github.com/evilchelu/braid/wiki/usage-and-examples ) as a way to vendor in external repositories or even as a mechanism of sharing cookbooks between projects. I highly recommend it.