[chef] Re: Re: Re: remote_file resource -- new to Chef

  • From: Bryan Berry < >
  • To: ,
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: remote_file resource -- new to Chef
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 07:34:31 +0100

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 7:34 AM, Bryan Berry < "> > wrote:
Hey Peter,

It looks like we are shaving the similar yaks :)

your method of installing glassfish looks almost exactly the same as my java_ark lwrp. The only exception is that you   have a different way to avoid downloading the tarball each time.

java_ark "glassfish" do
    url  "path"
    checksum "..sha256sum..."
   app_home "/usr/local/glassfish/default"
   owner  "glassfish"
end

I am not sure any more whether I really need to provide the checksum after all. also, app_home could probably be changed to `prefix_dir`  and provided the value /usr/local/ rather than /usr/local/glassfish/default

java_ark handles unpacking .zip, .tar.gz, and .tar.bz2

Your lwrps for glassfish look remarkably like what I am trying to do w/ the tomcat and jboss cookbooks.

It would be great if we could chat on IRC or skype (berrdawg) about the challenges of creating java-related, esp.  consistent system v init scripts for both debian and EL (rhel) and how to install multiple instances containers on the same system.

hope to hear from you soon!

BryanWB