[chef] Use EBS backed VM or Volume to store the mysql db on EC2

  • From: millisami r < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] Use EBS backed VM or Volume to store the mysql db on EC2
  • Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 18:07:58 +0545

Hi Chefs!

I'm developing infrastructure on EC2 using Chef and its standard application and database cookbook.

For the mysql database storage, I want some feedback on choosing what to setup.

If I fire up the instance with the EBS-backed store, then the db master will be an instance, or if I fire the instance-store VM, then I've to attach/mount a Volume to store the database data.

So, my question is which way to go? Can you share your experience if you have faced such situation?

@millisami
~Sachin Sagar Rai
Ruby on Rails Developer
http://tfm.com.np