[chef] group resource not creating the group

  • From: "Van Fossan,Randy" < >
  • To: < >
  • Subject: [chef] group resource not creating the group
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 13:18:14 -0500

Does anyone know why the group resource would not create the group.   The error keeps coming back saying groupmod cannot find the group.    I would have thought that it would have used groupadd.

Here is the snippet from the recipe..

group "abc123" do

  gid 405

  action :create

end

error -> line 55) had an error: Chef::Exceptions::Exec: groupmod userroot returned 10, expected 0

Error 10 says group does not exist, well I am trying to create it.   What am I doing wrong.??

Randy