[chef] chef-solo, proxies and Windows

  • From: Sascha Bates < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] chef-solo, proxies and Windows
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 07:26:01 -0600

Hi Chefs, I've written some windows stuff and now trying to test it inside a client's environment.  I am wondering about proxies and windows.

chef-solo vs chef-client: In the client documentation, the http_proxy settings are only labeled as good for chef-client, not chef solo.  Is that actually true?  I have tried to insert the settings in the solo.rb and this has failed for me, but I haven't tried too hard in the past because in Linux I always had env variables and apt-proxy settings, etc to fall back on.

Windows command line proxy: Does anyone know if there a way to set a proxy on the command line in windows?  My googling has failed me.

At least with windows it's easier to know which files I need and make them accessible internally, but a proxy setting that worked would be awfully nice.

Sascha

  • [chef] chef-solo, proxies and Windows, Sascha Bates, 03/06/2012