[chef] Working with options on Package resource

  • From: < >
  • To: < >
  • Cc: < >
  • Subject: [chef] Working with options on Package resource
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 16:31:54 +0530
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Hi,

I am using Chef for installing postgresql. I am using my own customized cookbook and not the one already available on the opscode community. The intention is to install postgresql by picking up the packages from a custom defined apt repository. I have created a custom sources.list and copied it to /tmp directory on the node where I am running this recipe. My sources.list looks like this

deb http://10.94.147.248:8484/linux/ubuntu_10_x64/ /

My recipe file looks like this

execute "apt-get update" do

  command "apt-get update -o Dir::Etc::sourcelist=/tmp/sources.list"

  ignore_failure false

  action :run

end

package "postgresql" do

  action :install

  options "-o Dir::Etc::sourcelist=/tmp/sources.list --no-list-cleanup"

end

This however fails with the error “package[postgresql] (postgresql::client line 29) had an error: Chef::Exceptions::Package: No version specified, and no candidate version available for postgresql”

However if I modify my recipe file as below, things work fine

execute "apt-get update" do

  command "apt-get update -o Dir::Etc::sourcelist=/tmp/sources.list"

  ignore_failure false

  action :run

end

execute "install postgresql" do

  command "apt-get install -q -y -o Dir::Etc::sourcelist=/tmp/sources.list --no-list-cleanup postgresql"

  ignore_failure false

  action :run

end

Can someone in this forum please point out why the first recipe file is failing? Any help is immensely appreciated J

Cheers,

Ayesha