[chef] RE: Chef Server on Windows

  • From: "Luke, Abraham V" < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Cc: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] RE: Chef Server on Windows
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 17:05:56 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Guys,

I am trying to install Chef Server on Windows and would like to have suggestions on the best approach. My shop runs on windows machines and I need to have some kind of a CM tool to control it.

The plan which I think that might work is to have Cygwin installed on any one windows machine and use the linux version of Chef Server/Workstation. The nodes will have Chef client for windows installed.  If there is anyone out there who has installed Chef Server on a Windows machine please let me know on how it can be done

Thanks,

Vivek

This email is confidential and subject to important disclaimers and conditions including on offers for the purchase or sale of securities, accuracy and completeness of information, viruses, confidentiality, legal privilege, and legal entity disclaimers, available at http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures/email.

  • [chef] RE: Chef Server on Windows, Luke, Abraham V, 04/04/2012