[chef] Re: Any good resource||post on how to get-started and create a LWRP?

  • From: Mike Adolphs < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Any good resource||post on how to get-started and create a LWRP?
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 21:13:00 +0200

Hi Sachin,

well I've just written a simple LWRP for the apt cookbook to enable apt pinning and based my work on the already existing (_apt_)resource LWRP. Might help if you look at the actual code which's not much:
https://github.com/fooforge/apt/commit/f5e00269a62270a555632a68ad1f113ae4ec7f16

I also read the following two pages from the wiki:
http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Lightweight+Resources+and+Providers+%28LWRP%29
http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Opscode+LWRP+Resources

Joshua Timberman's slides might also help although I didn't read them thoroughly (is the talk available somewhere?):
http://www.slideshare.net/jtimberman/understanding-lwrp-development

Regards,
Mike