[chef] After Upgrade Nodes Managed by Chef But Not Present in "STATUS"

  • From: Thor Newman < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] After Upgrade Nodes Managed by Chef But Not Present in "STATUS"
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 16:42:32 -0700

Hello List!

I have a situation where I've migrated nodes over to an upgraded chef server. It is managing them properly but the nodes will not show up in the Status screen:

* Upgrading from Chef 0.9 (chef1) to 0.10.8  (chef2)

* I have imported all nodes, roles, cookbooks, data bags to chef2 server

* client.rb has been reconfigured to use chef2, has new client.pem and is talking to and being managed by chef2
( I can edit the node, change run list, etc etc from chef2 )

* BUT no  matter what I do, I cannot make the node show up in the status screen (knife status -r or http://chef2:4040/status shows no imported nodes, only nodes created originally with chef2)

Did I miss something?? Do I have to actually recreate the node from scratch??

Appreciate any advice :)

Thor