- From: <
- Subject: [chef] Re: Chef and information security between nodes
- Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 02:38:24 -0700 (PDT)
Thank you very much for your first answers !
A first feedback about them:
- we don't want to use chef-solo because we will loose the ability to search
information based on attributes ( for example, all machines with debian OS)
- we don't want to have several Chef servers because we have plan to integrate
Chef with external applications and so we would have to go through several
servers in order to get information about our whole infrastructure
- it is planned that one of our manager will ask for a quote for the "private
Chef" offering, but we guess that it will be close of Puppet Enterprise
so too expensive
Actually what we need is pretty close of the ACL system of Hosted Chef /
Private Chef, that's why we thought about customizing the code of the Chef
Server API for our needs.
But that would be nice to find a simpler and cleaner solution :)
I would be very sad if we have to choose Puppet only because of this security
issue because Chef is great !
Thanks in advance for your feedbacks.
- [chef] Re: Chef and information security between nodes, cl.subscription, 04/24/2012
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.