[chef] Re: Re: Rails 3 and ruby 1.9.2 application with chef

  • From: Daniel Cukier < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Rails 3 and ruby 1.9.2 application with chef
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 23:22:55 -0300

Bryan, I've looked to this refactor, but actually I did not find a good documentation of how to use it.

From what I've understood, I need to create a cookbook for my_app and add the application code block to the default.rb of my cookbook. Is it correct?

If it is so, then it is worse than before, when all I needed to do was create a data_bag, put some configuration there and create a my_app role with the application default recipe in its run_list.

Another thing is: with this new refactor, do I still need to add the application recipe to the node run_list?

Could you help me with a step-by-step of what do I have to do to change my old application cookbook to the new one?

Thanks so much

Daniel

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 6:29 PM, Bryan McLellan < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Daniel Cukier < "> > wrote:
> 3 - Is there any other working cookbook to use instead of application?

Take a look at Andrea Campi's refactor of the application cookbook:
http://lists.opscode.com/sympa/arc/chef/2012-04/msg00329.html

Bryan

--
Daniel Cukier