[chef] Re: knife ec2 - knife.rb takes precedence over command line options

  • From: Nick Peirson < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: knife ec2 - knife.rb takes precedence over command line options
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:42:38 +0100

On 26/04/2012 20:00, KC Braunschweig wrote:
This same problem happens in knife-cloudstack. +1 for fixing this in a
generic way that solves it for everyone.

KC
I'm keen to get this fixed so I invested the time to learn about contributing and the ticketing system. I was intending to raise a ticket, but there's a ticket from October 2010 that already covers it: http://tickets.opscode.com/browse/CHEF-1772

I've had a look for an indication of how tickets are prioritised, but couldn't see anything obvious. Not sure if it's taken into account, but there's a voting mechanism on the tickets, so I'd suggest that anyone '+1'ing this thread vote for the ticket as well.

I'll try and add more info to the ticket and dig out some references to the code. Given enough time I may even try and brush up on my ruby skills to have a crack at a pull request.

Cheers
Nick