[chef] Re: Re: Ubuntu 12 releases in April

  • From: Ringo De Smet < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Ubuntu 12 releases in April
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 14:25:51 +0200

On 27 March 2012 12:31, Dmitry Vyal < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
I'm using chef-client-0.10.8 on Ubuntu Precise beta. I've intalled it from oneiric apt opscode repository. Works fine for me so far.

Installing the client works via the apt opscode repository. After that, installing the server via the chef-solo bootstrap process fails with an init-script not being available. I suspect that due to the file specificity, there is no init script found for Ubuntu 12.04.

Is the tar.gz for the latest bootstrap scripts lagging the source control version, or hasn't these been updated yet?

Ringo