[chef] RE: Re: Re: conflict between using environments to manage cookbook releases and to manage application environments

  • From: Paul McCallick < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] RE: Re: Re: conflict between using environments to manage cookbook releases and to manage application environments
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 08:19:50 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Bryan’s scenario is fairly normal for an company with multiple teams and projects that have a bit of crossover in their codebases.  In our company we also have to support multiple ‘production like’ environments for application support and users who want to try ‘what if’ scenarios without impacting production data.