[chef] Re: php cookbook and pecl/pear

  • From: Bryan Baugher < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: php cookbook and pecl/pear
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 11:26:14 -0500

The Opscode wiki documentation says,

Lightweight Resources and Providers are loaded from files in a Cookbook's "resources" and "providers" directories. Resource and Provider names combine the cookbook name and the file name with an underscore. The only exception to this convention are files named 'default.rb'. In this case, the Resource or Provider is named according to the cookbook name only.

So if you added the 'pear.rb' resource to your cookbook (myphp) then you would refer to the resource as 'myphp_pear'.