[chef] Authbind cookbook

  • From: Zuhaib Siddique < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Authbind cookbook
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 19:56:22 -0700

So part of the Chef Hacknight in SF a few days ago I decided to finish up a small cookbook I had been working on for a while for Authbind, http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/386.  I think its a clean way to use privileged ports without iptables which I feel is a bit "hack-y".  Its on github and you can find it here: https://github.com/zsiddique/authbind

I have not tested all the providers as we only use the one by port, and anyone is free to fork it and fix bugs.

Zuhaib