[chef] Re: native pre-reqs of a chef_gem?

  • From: Akzhan Abdulin < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: native pre-reqs of a chef_gem?
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 21:13:27 +0400

There is no better way yet. Wait for chef_package or create this resource by yourselves ;)

2012/5/23 Wes Morgan < " target="_blank"> >
What's the best way to install native pre_reqs of a chef_gem? For example, for the mysql2 gem that needs the Ubuntu package libmysqlclient-dev installed, how do I make sure that happens before the chef_gem is installed?

Are we back to doing something like this:

libmysql_package = package "libmysqlclient-dev" do
 action :nothing
end

libmysql_package.run_action(:install)

chef_gem "mysql2"

That would be too bad since chef_gem was created to avoid that very hack. :)

Wes