[chef] Re: RabbitMQ cookbook bugs on Ubuntu/Debian -- pull request sent

  • From: James Carr < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: RabbitMQ cookbook bugs on Ubuntu/Debian -- pull request sent
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 15:51:35 -0500

Last time I checked the cookbook was also sorely out of date (2.4.1). Is this still true?

On May 24, 2012 3:06 PM, "Kevin Nuckolls" < "> > wrote:
I discovered that the opscode-cookbooks/rabbitmq cookbook wasn't properly installing RabbitMQ from the correct repository, nor was it setting the erlang key via the attributes. Theoretically, these problems should have only affected Ubuntu/Debian users.

This is just an announcement that I have fixed the problem and sent a pull request. I've only tested it on Ubuntu 10.04 though. If anyone is running on Redhat or CentOS and is willing to make sure that the changes I made haven't caused any regressions that'd be great.

Hope this helps. :)

Kevin Nuckolls
Senior Software Engineer
Mosaik Solutions