[chef] Re: Re: Re: Where to find the most updated node state/attributes on the node?

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Where to find the most updated node state/attributes on the node?
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 23:44:36 +0530

you will be able to get the automatic attributes via ohai. rest im not sure. you can take periodic backup of couch or enumerate all the nodes and dump their attributes as json , `knife node show <name> -Fj`

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 11:33 PM, howard chen < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Hello,

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM, Ranjib Dey < "> > wrote:
> chef dashboard, uses a report handler which lets you browser through updated
> elements, etc.
> since the chef client run is pull mechanism, you can used the expected last
> run time and compare it with  actual last successful  run (available in
> couch in epoch) to raise an alert.

Maybe I am not clear enough, what I mean is if I lost my chef-server,
would it be possible to find out the node attribute from node itself?

Thanks.